Dear Readers,
I wanted to share with my readers today something that I went through. A dear friend of mine lost her brother at a early age of 52. His funeral was today. My heart broke looking at his Mom...you could see her heart was bleeding.. so wounded ... She had also lost her husband a month before. We are not supposed to lose our children before its our time to go. I admire the strength of this lady, and she reminded me of my own Mother and wondered where they got there strength from. I pride myself in being a confident, powerful, intelligent, humorous, classy woman. But I don't hold a candle to these ladies.
Also I was able to experience one of the most touching things I have ever seen or heard. The minister asked if anyone would like to say anything. A woman came from the back of the ceremony and stood next to her friend that had passed. It was silent, and took her a moment to speak, you could see that her tears and emotions had built up in her throat. She started talking about her friend, and what a wonderful friend and person he was. But what gave me chills..is she started to cry, and said because they worked together and she was his boss, she could never tell him she loved him. She did love him. He meant the world to her, and because of her job she was unable to tell him. Some people would have taken that in a wrong way.
How sad that made me. We do love people and are afraid to say I love you, because of what they might think or say. Not everyone...has bad intentions..or sexual intentions if they love you....friends are rare. So this Granny for here on in...will be telling every friend I have she loves them. Oh wait...I do, do that.
My point being...I will not live another day that each and everyone I love, if I see them, hug them, or just talk on the phone, there will be a I love you. If anyone takes it the wrong way....tuff.
Mark this is for you:
Life is but a stoppin place, a pause in what's to be. A resting place along the road, to sweet eternity. We all have different journeys, different paths along the way. We all were meant to learn some things, but never meant to stay...Our destination is a place, far greater than we know. For some the journeys quicker, for some the journey's slow. and when our journey finally ends, we'll calim a great reward. Finding an everlasting peace together with our Lord. Rest our friend, son, brother, and most of all father.
WOW Made Me Cry..... A+ on That One Granny.
ReplyDelete<3 Your post brought tears to my eyes. How touching it was to see your words. Heather is the name of his friend from work that spoke. What she said about not saying "I love you" struck a chord with me, too.
ReplyDeleteIn our family it's not commonplace to say "I love you". We know who loves us and that's that. I don't know why, but that's the way it's always been. Not until I got married did I learn how to say "I love you" a lot more freely - it's a big phrase that's hard to spit out.
That being said, Mark and I were the best of friends. He was my uncle, but he was more than that. The day he left for Utah was the last time I saw him before he ended up on life support. When he was heading out to fly to Utah, I said "Hey Mark?" He said "Yeah?" I said "I love you." He paused for a second, you could hear the smile in his voice, and he said "I love you too, Jenna". <3 I was never more glad to have said those three words.
Sorry I graffiti-ed your blog with such a long post. But you made my heart smile. <3 Love you, Diana!
Granny if you don't mind. I really can't ask you, I would like to say a prayer for your friend
ReplyDeleteGod our Father, Your power bings us to birth, Your providence guides our lives,and by Your command we return to dust.
Lord, those who die stilllivein Your presence, their lives change but do not end. I pray in hope for my family, relatives and friends, and for allthe dead known to You alone.
In company with Christ, who died and now lives, may they rejoice in Your kingdom,
where all our tears are wiped away. Unite us together again in one family, to sing Your praise forever and ever.
Amen
I Love you...
ReplyDelete