About Me

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fairy tales...comment from reader...

Dear Readers,
One of my sweet readers wrote/comment she believes in fairy tales from the glass slipper, to Snow White,  The three bears, and the three little piggys. Some of my favorite stories by the way. I like that...I think that is a possitive attitude...however with that being said....I want to make a comment on fairytales..myself....

Fairytales....
When you keep waiting for the ideal fairy tale situation to arrive, you let a lot of great things pass you by in the process.  The one thing we can’t make more of is time.  Once time has slipped away it is gone and it cannot be recovered. I see that every single day...its a witch getting older!!!! As a friend of mine says..UGH!
I think you have to go out and make the best of every circumstance in your life by investing yourself fully in it.  This is a much better approach than waiting and waiting for the ideal situation that is likely never to arrive.
Instead of continuing to wait for the fairy tale, I say go for it!  Yes, it will likely be messy.  Yes, problems will arise.  Yes, things could get a little scary.  However, the potential payoff is huge!  Once you start really living, all kinds of great things can happen to you.  So, I say dig in, take a chance and you might really live happily ever after well maybe not...but what a ride....:)

Example, I had my fairytale...she was an awesome pilot that reminded me of snow white but tall, butch, and was one of the most incredible people I have ever known...beautiful on the outside as well as in the inside. Thought I was all that and more. Treated me like I was a princess. I'll never forget my son saying Mom our house looks like a funeral parlor..heheh she sent flowers all the time...all the time..because she was flighin all the time....and Phoenix was not her hub. OMG what a woman...I think I had a hot flash just writing this..heheh
My point is in all this....Wait for the best..sure we deserve it but sometimes we don't see the forest for the tree's..and when your waiting to live a fairytale..we don't see that darn red apple in our face when we should have before its to late....broken heart...and we know..that those never mend right.

Reader I love your comment, and keep them coming, but (isn't there always a but?) its only MY opinion...MY thoughts...to each his/her own. I respect your feelings....each and every time...as well as you respect mine.
Take Granny's advice
Granny

1 comment:

  1. Dear Granny,

    I am the reader who commented on waiting for the the foot who will fit the Glass Slipper.

    Now mind you, I made no mention that I was sitting around at home, or at the mall waiting for the right foot to fit the Slipper.

    I live my life, have lots of great friends, and not so great friends. Never a dull moment. What I was saying is, that, that, bus does run by every 10 minutes, and yes there are alot out there that have been riden hard. That's not what I want. Not in my class range. I don't want something everyone has, tasted or handed down. There's always a couple of licks and a bite or two gone. I know this, and everyone has their side to the tale.

    I've lived well Granny. However, I have also been a good student.

    Some people just tend to grab and settle for less because they are unsure of them, lonely, can not be alone, etc. Whatever their case may be. I know who I am. And that's the difference, most people just grab whatever comes their way, thinking that someone else will bring that big Bouquet of Flowers. And , Oh they are good, at playig, until you get to know them.

    And with alot of experience (age) most flowers stink. There's a big difference between the smelling of fresh air with the hint of flowers, and the smell of garbage. Sorry to say Granny, most run for the garbage. I've did it too many times. Once, twice maybe even three times.

    No, I fully agree with you. Time you cannot replace and it fly's by. Today I do things a little different. I can assure you of this, I am not waiting for anything. I do respect your feelings and I love this blog.

    We all have missed opportunities or blown chances at some time in our lives. We can look back and think, why didn't I put more effort into that realationship? Or why did I spend all those years running with the wrong crowd, partying , when I should have been getting ahead. Whatever the reason, when things don't go our way, it's tempting to think, Too bad for me. I'll never have that chance again. I've missed my season.

    The Good news is that God always has another season. Joel 2:25 He will restore the years that have been stolen.

    It's today that I can say Slipper and Foot, Foot and Slipper. Bed or no Bed. You may feel like you're wasted years in a relationship that did'nt work out, years on a job that turned out to be dead end. I'm not discouraged.

    God controls time. For every opportunity I've missed, every chance I've blown, God can turn back the clock and bring those bigger things across my path.

    One question Granny? You kinda took off (so to speak) about the Pilot? What happened? You just kinda added that in. Sounds like you dumped her because of the smell. LOL or you chose to drop it because of the hub issue.

    So Granny, I'm still at times, a fly by the seat of my pants Girl. Today the difference is , I'm not standing in the Fast Food line anymore.

    Have a great day Granny!

    ReplyDelete